We treat WOMEN, MEN, and KIDDOS struggling with pain and pelvic health challenges!
- Urinary or bowel frequency/ urgency
- Leaking during athletic activities, coughing or sneezing
- Bed wetting
- Pain, pressure, or discomfort.
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual dysfunction
- Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome
- Diastasis Recti (A separation of or weakness in your abdominal muscles)
*These are signs of core/pelvic floor dysfunction and Occupational Therapy can help with FUNCTION FIRST rehabilitation!
Related to your pelvic health, do you struggle with?
- Day-to-day functioning
- Participating in the activities that you love
- Preoccupation with your symptoms
- Important relationships
- Sexual Health
- Body Image
*If you have a complicated relationship with your pelvic health, you are not alone! Occupational Therapy offers a holistic approach to your care!
Your personalized support plan could include strategies such as:
- sEMG Biofeedback guided pelvic floor muscle training (neuromuscular re-education)
- External assessment of factors contributing to your core and pelvic health health
- Exploring behavioural, lifestyle and habit changes to support your pelvic health
- Rehabilitative exercises
- Hypopressive exercises/Low Pressure Fitness
- Ergonomic assessment & functional movement
- Activity pacing and graded exposure to triggering activities
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Environment/task adaptation
- Trauma-informed care