Do you experience?
- Urinary or bowel frequency/ urgency
- Leaking during athletic activities, coughing or sneezing
- Pain, pressure, or discomfort in your pelvis, lower back, hips or perineum
- A heaviness or dragging sensation in your pelvic region
- Known pelvic organ prolapse
- Painful sex
- A separation of or weakness in your abdominal muscles
*These are signs of core/pelvic floor dysfunction and OT can help with FUNCTION FIRST rehabilitation!
Related to your pelvic health, do you struggle with?
- Day-to-day functioning
- Participating in the activities that you love
- Preoccupation with your symptoms
- Important relationships
- Sexual Health
- Body Image
*If you have a complicated relationship with your pelvic health concern, you are not alone! Occupational Therapy offers a holistic approach to your care!
Your personalized support plan could include strategies such as:
- External assessment of factors contributing to your core health
- Rehabilitative exercises
- Hypopressive exercises/Low Pressure Fitness
- Working with your breathing patterns, alignment & muscle activation patterns to reduce symptoms during triggering activities
- Ergonomic assessment & functional movement
- Building body awareness & core connection
- Activity pacing and graded exposure to triggering activities
- Mindfulness strategies
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy strategies
- Environment/task adaptation
- Trauma-informed care